Wednesday, August 21, 2013

An altered jewelry box... now for sale...

I found this hideous old jewelry box... Quite damaged and water damaged.

Due to water there was a dent in the bottom, so I used some wall filler to make the surface even. Painted the whole thing with Gesso and then Ivory acrylic paint.

Found a 12 x 12 sheet of paper 7Gypsies with a Roman theme. Thought that it would match perfectly with the eyelet fabric I had in a goldish color.

Had to find a way to attach the top and the bottom as it used to be attached by a leather looking paper.... Found an old hinge that I spiked up with some copper  Airondac ink.

I think it turned out quite nice....however, I still need some more practice in this.

Thanks for watching...


No comments:

Post a Comment