Friday, September 6, 2013

Altered suitcase


Don’t know how, but my mojo is flowing, and I have to restrain myself not to have more than one project on my desk at the time… my desk is quite small :-)

Being at a market day with my sister a month ago I bought this little red children’s cardboard suitcase it was quite beaten up and was used to store a puzzle with huge bricks and one glued on the top.

That lid decoration did not go with what I had in mind, so I pulled it off… and off came three layers of the cardboard, so I began to repair it a bit with pieces of the cardboard using my local decoupage glue. I was saved.

A very sweet and generous friend of mine Kisser had given me some awesome paper with some kind of velvet pattern from My Mind’s Eye “Lush”.

I measured and cut out paper to cover the entire little suitcase. Tried to see if I could remove the closing, but decided that if I did that I would most likely not be able to get back on, it would be too damaged.

When I’m gluing I’m worse than a 3-year old… I get it everywhere…. well, only when I’m using the decoupage glue ;-)

Finally got all the papers to work with me and into place.

Decorated with some of the lace I sell from my blog here… Made a big flower to center the flower cluster I planned. Found a cute cameo that I bought from Wild Orchid Crafts, where almost all of the other flowers come from.

Added a chipboard corner from Maya’s Road painted it silver and clear embossed it. Under the flowers I adhered a swirl from Tim Holtz, which also tasted my silver covered brush and embossed it too…

Finally I dyed some seam binding I’ve bought from a local online Scrap store ScrapFactory.dk.

Think it came out really cute… now I have to figure out what to put in it..:-) If you’d like to purchase it send me a mailJ

Thanks for stopping by… and feel free to leave a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment