Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Altered antique box....

Hi there...

I have had this box for quite a while... Bright green....not all that pretty. And there was a piece of the rim of the lid that was broken off, so I had to mend it with some wall putty...

There are some amazing details on the side of the box that I didn't want to cover with paper, so I painted the entire box with gesso and dabbed some ivory acrylic paint a couple of places. Mixed a bright green with some black, taupe and yellow.... That was also dabbed around. Added some Graphic 45 papers.

Decorated the lid with some Wild Orchid Crafts roses, Prima roses and a big green rose from my stash. Prima bling. Distressed doilie from Sizzix/Tim Holtz, some cheese cloth and a small alarm clock charm.

This is NOT for sale, I'm so satisfied with it and love it.

Feel free to leave a comment and thanks for visiting...
Hugs




No comments:

Post a Comment