Monday, June 17, 2013

Vintage canvas with picture - a gift

DDdThis canvas is my first attempt and a gift for my sister. The picture is of our mum and dad on their wedding day April 5, 1952. 

I really had to hold back on the embellishment. My sister is perhaps a little into vintage, but NOT into shabby vintage which I am:-)

First I made two attempts to transfer the picture onto the canvas, but that did not turn out well. So I sewed the picture onto some cheese cloth. But first I glued some burlap onto the canvas and then glued the stitched photo onto that. Added a homemade fabric flower and a banner that says "Mum and dad, 5 April 1952" in Danish of course:-)

I distressed the edges of the cheese cloth with some Vintage photo and did that to the banner as well.

I'm quite satisfied with the end result and will for sure try this again....

No comments:

Post a Comment